echeblog

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Control

Recently I received an e-mail linking to a video that details how society has used religion and and government to control the masses. Usually "they" use fear in order to manipulate, whether its fear for your immortal soul or fear for your physical safety. We see that around us daily with the "War on Terror" which has really been used to justify things like the suspension of habeas corpus and domestic espionage without a warrant. Of course, another technique is control of information, which happens all the time.

There are lots of ways manipulation happens. I gripe about "they" who are doing it but the reality is that we do it all the time - to ourselves and to others. I know I do. Sometimes I don't realize I'm doing it. Sometimes I'm not aware that I'm being manipulated.

Anyway, one of the things I love to see these days is watching those strings get exposed for what they are. One you realize they're there, you can cut the strings. In the light of day, you can decide for yourself what you want. At the end of the day, that's what real freedom is all about -- being able to decide for yourself.

So, I've decided to add a new category to my posts -- that of "puppet master." I'm not going to abandon my love of beeves, but I think it'll add some good substance to the blog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home