echeblog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Facts of Life!

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the FACTS OF LIFE...

I know you guys have been waiting a long time for this, but I have VERY good news! Seasons 1 & 2 of the Facts of Life are about to be released on DVD! Yes, I fondly remember Mrs. Garrett and those sassy kids -- Blair, Tootie, Natalie and Jo. Before I had ever heard the word "lesbian," there was Jo. I'm hardly the first one to say it -- I remember Margaret Cho talking about the sexual tension between Jo and Blair...

Some will also remember a very young George Clooney made some appearances on the show as well. I've never been a big George Clooney fan, actually, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Ah, the good ol' days of Norman Lear. All In The Family, Maude, Good Times, The Jeffersons, One Day At A Time... While Lear didn't create the Facts of Life, apparently he is responsible for Mindy Cohn, who played Natalie on the show. You can't underestimate the positive impact Norman Lear has had on television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home