echeblog

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Masterbeat Trance New Releases 11/12/08

Marc's Top Trance New Releases 11/12/08
  1. Quantum feat. Karen Porat - The Race (Original Mix)
    I've said it before -- one of the issues I have with trance is that many of the tracks are incredibly similar. That can be said about many different genres of music, especially when you're not familiar with the genre, but as a whole, it's important to keep things feeling fresh. I was pleasantly surprised with The Race because it tries to be distinctive and succeeds. The track merges traditional trance with a Middle East vibe and vocals. I've heard it done well on a handful of mainstream house tracks and once in trance with Sauna's Mirage. This track doesn't have the same sort of haunting beauty of Mirage, but it's definitely good if you're looking for something different.
  2. Glockenspiel feat. Blackfeel Wite - Away (Original Mix)
    This track reminds me of some recent tracks I really enjoyed - Armin Van Buuren & DJ Shah's Going Wrong and the Cicada mix of Filo & Peri's Anthem. You've got emotive male vocals on top of more relaxed trance stylings with a dash of electric guitar thrown in. Personally, I dig it.
  3. Robert Nickson feat. Elsa Hill - Never Again (Original Mix)
    While I said earlier that trance tracks can all sound the same, it's still a versatile genre. One of my favorite flavors of trance is where it's more relaxed and floating, something you'd use for morning music at the end of a long set. Never Again fits the bill perfectly. It strolls while other tracks race or pound. The vocals are breathy and light -- I have no idea what the lyrics are, but this is a track where the vocals really just add to the atmosphere of the overall track. Not a showstopper but picture, if you will, coming down off a hit of Ecstacy and floating along nicely while the evening comes to it's last hour or so. That's where I'd throw it in... not that I'm advocating illegal mind you. Heh.
  4. DJ Shog with Lemon & Einar K - (Feel Me) Through the Radio (Duderstadt Uplifting Remix)
    The last description works nicely for this track as well. A great comedown song with vocals that are still light but more coherent than those in Never Again. Duderstadt does a great job keeping things light without killing the energy. I give credit to Markus Schultz for putting this track on one of his recent lists.
  5. Kamaya Painters - The Collected Works
    Ok, it's not really "new" and I've said that I prefer vocal trance over pure instrumental trance. That said, Kamaya Painters is an exception to the rule. I remember their classic Endless Wave from around 2000 and the rest of the tracks are memorable and worth getting.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home