echeblog

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Flip-Flop

I just read that W has come out and said that while he still supports amending the Constitution to ban gay marriage, he thinks it might be ok for states to pass some types of Civil Union and might consider extending some of the federal marriage benefits to those Civil Unions. You know, I think Bush may have finally seen the light... It makes me want to run down to the County Recorder's Office, find my ballot and recast my vote... yeah, right after I finish disembowling myself with a shrimp fork. Can this man get any more transparent? After 4 years of queer bashing us with the Religious Right, suddenly on the eve of the election where he's struggling badly he decides that maybe we should throw the homos a bone (or boner?) to appear moderate... I don't think anyone is going to be fooled by this kind of ploy. If anything I think it may turn off some of the Christian Right who are dead set against gays...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home