echeblog

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Trained Monkey...

One of the things I didn't particularly care for in the legal profession was the high volume of incredibly boring, highly repetitive work that could be done by trained monkeys. I think most people in the legal field can agree with me there. Top on that hated list is document review. Especially with large companies or big cases, there are obscene amounts of documents that have to be sifted through. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that I just landed a project doing doc review for a large financial services company. If I were still practicing full time, this would be the type of project that I would absolutely dread. What a difference a few years makes. While this is hardly my dream job or the kind of work I want to do the rest of my career, it is a welcome opportunity on my plate. If you're going to be a trained monkey, be a highly paid monkey. Pass the bananas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home