echeblog

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Just Batty

I was supposed to go see Batman Begins tonight with Adam, but he flaked out on me. So, I did what I always do when confronted with the flakiness of men... I went anyway. Like I'm gonna sit my ass at home just because someone doesn't call.

Anyway, first thing's first... Christian Bale is SO FUCKING HOT! I really didn't care for Michael Keaton or George Clooney and Val Kilmer just wasn't a good fit either. Christian Bale, however, has the stuff to bring both Bruce Wayne and Batman to life... and did I mention how hot he is?

Overall, the movie was very well done. In keeping with the whole Dark Knight vision -- more in line with Tim Burton's first two movies than the embarassment that Joel Shoemacher made of the last two movies, dark, but without Burton's stylistic quirks. Christopher Nolan was a good choice to return the franchise to respectability after Schumacher nearly killed it off.

My only criticism is that I didn't really care for Ras Al Ghul, the main villain in the film... They also had The Scarecrow, which worked much better... I don't want to give away too much, but this movie was definitely Christian Bale's, unlike the original Batman, where Jack Nicholsen stole the show. Katie Holmes was also delightful as Bruce Wayne's childhood friend turned Assistant District Attorney.

Overall, this film would have been worth the money if only to see Christian Bale shirtless a couple of times. Even without that, Batman Begins is a great new beginning for the Batman saga. Hopefully it will also springboard the talented and hunky Bale to new heights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home