echeblog

Monday, December 26, 2005

Zubbles!

Its the day after Christmas, I'm sitting at work (a VERY slow day) and I'm wondering what to blog about -- I thought about talking about something political (I'm still quite concerned over the whole NSA wiretapping issue) but I want to keep things kind of light and fun, as I'm trying to keep that whole Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice spirit going. Then I remembered a story on NPR I heard a few days ago - A company has just come out with the world's first colored bubbles!

They had Tim Kehoe, the inventor, on the program and he explained the difficult road he had in coming up with colored bubbles. Apparently, the dyes you'd normally use to color things don't really work well with the soap that forms the bubble, so for a long time it was thought that you can't color bubbles. Once that hurdle was overcome, then came the challenge of colored bubbles that don't stain.

Despite the challenges, colored bubbles, now known as Zubbles, are here. While its taken about 10 years to solve all the problems, Zubbles will hit the shelves in early 2006. There's been plenty of good and bad news when its come to technology lately, but this is definitely one of the coolest things I've heard in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home