echeblog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Territory?

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm of the general opinion that 2006 blew donkey. Its not as if good things didn't happen last year, but it was a very up and down year -- seems like everytime something positive happened, I'd just about settle down to enjoy it and the bottom would drop out. Once that happened, it seemed like I spent a tremendous amount of energy trying to figure out what happened, dealing with the consequences and trying to get things moving again. Needless to say, I was ready for 2006 to be over.

In the process of last year, I think I was able to identify things in my life I'd like to change and gone through the process of letting go of things that were holding me back. I've mentioned it before, I know. That said, as the first couple days of 2007 came around, I couldn't wonder whether things would be any different this year and when (or if) things would finally right themselves.

A strange thing happened today. I'm at the office, like most every other day. I stopped to ask a question of a co-worker I've never been particularly fond of and noticed, "Wait a tic, I really don't mind him one bit!" I sat down and took an inventory of the things that usually fuel my angst... its not as if any of them have quite resolved themselves yet. What struck me was the general sense of contentment and willingness to let these things take care of themselves rather than trying to push or being frustrated that things aren't where I'd like them to be. Bizarre. Sure, I know there's plenty of work left to be done, but there's an odd sense that I'm in uncharted waters and that perhaps things might not be as much of a struggle as they were before.

So what about you guys? Is 2007 feeling any different or is it just more of the same?


Create polls and vote for free. dPolls.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home