echeblog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Death By Gaming

Like millions of online gamers out there, I'll admit that I'm a big geek at heart. Apparently my level of geekdom does not approach championship status. No, that sort of dedication is demonstrated by a South Korean man who recently died in an Internet cafe after playing for three days straight. "We presume the cause of death was heart failure stemming from exhaustion," a police official told the Reuters news agency. Now that's dedication.

The BBC reports that there are professional gamers in South Korea -- "Professional gamers there attract huge sums in sponsorship and can make more than $100,000 a year." Sadly, I fear I do not have the level of commitment it takes to be a professional gamer. I've only gone for a few hours straight. I usually stop to eat. I enjoy sleeping and other activities. I even have friends and interests aside from gaming. Sigh. Yet another area where I just don't have what it takes to succeed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home