echeblog

Monday, November 19, 2007

WoW Meets Politics

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned seeing this Toyota commercial to Adam:

While I've never actually played WoW, instead playing DDO and then moving on to Vanguard, I thought it was rather interesting because its an acknowledgment of just how extensive the reach of gaming has been. Overall, I gave the commercial a thumbs up and the big honking truck a thumbs down because I'm a MINI kind of guy, ya know?

Yesterday I encountered Mike Huckabee's new video:

On one hand, its somewhat refreshing to see a little humor in this incredibly overgrown political season. On the other hand, this is just very, very sad... its not as if Huckabee has any chance to secure the nomination but when lame Chuck Norris jokes start forming the basis of your appeal, you know you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. I know politics has increasingly turned toward the sound bite and bumper sticker slogans but this has to be the low point in the history of the Republic.

That said, if you're going to go for a WoW themed commercial, leave it to Coke and the Chinese to do it right:

Its Chinese Girl Power, baby!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home