echeblog

Monday, December 17, 2007

Canta Conmigo




Ok, I'm not a big fan of the Blue Man Group. They've always seemed too gimmicky for me and by the Lords of Kobol they did Intel commercials. How many more strikes against them can they get? They came out with a cover of Donna Summer's I Feel Love with Annette Strean from Venus Hum doing vocals. I didn't really care for it as I felt Strean's vocals didn't quite fit... and because the Dallas Superstars had done a recent version that worked better. Aside from that, I've tended to ignore them.

So I happened to stop by Charlie's on Friday night and was surprised to hear a track that really fits the kind of sound I've been evolving into... and it happened to be Canta Conmigo (Funky Junction Spanish Vocal Mix) from the Blue Man Group. Color me surprised.

After listening to the track many times in the past 24 hours and a bit of internet research, I discovered that the song was a latinized rework of a track they had done with Dave Matthews, who I've always loved. Definitely tracks that are on my playlist now.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home