echeblog

Monday, February 28, 2005

Stumbling Block...

Having spent the last year searching for a job, I've really come to understand how many people are out there who are looking and how many people you have to compete with. Its very important to be able to set yourself apart from the crowd. Honestly, I think my background and experiences set me up to compete with just about anyone, I feel like its the intangible things, in addition to all the rest, that set me apart. Another realization is that I haven't done a very good job in trying to set that all out and that has to change if I'm going to get where I want to go. So, today I've been working on a bio that fleshes things out and will go into all the areas that I think the standard resume doesn't cover. Aside from the mental effort of trying to put together something that is well written -- which I really haven't done in a while, the whole exercise has begun to show me how difficult it is for me to really go out and present myself fairly. I'm not exactly sure why that's been such a problem for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home