echeblog

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Our Fave Amazing Racer...

For those of you who have read my blog for a while, you know I've mentioned Reichen Lehmkuhl before. Let me say that the man continues to impress me. I just read an interview with him at Notes From Hollywood. Apparently, he had been getting a new poster printed when the printer discovered that he was gay from reading his website. The printer, being a self- proclaimed conservative Christian, decided he would no longer work with Reichen and told him so in a letter. In California, this is lawsuit material. How nice.

Anyway, that in and of itself isn't that particularly uncommon or noteworthy. What really impressed me, however, was his willingness to discuss the issue of spirituality in general, and his own spirituality. Especially from someone in some semblance of the public eye, this is not a small thing. Combine this with his willingness to use his celebrity to help others, and you've got yourself a rare person, indeed. As I had mentioned in my earlier post, I had a chance to talk with him a little at a 4th of July party in Scottsdale. And while I'll certainly admit that he's very nice to look at, beyond that, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. No pretense, easy to talk to. He even remembered my name after a couple of hours and several cocktails.

Universe, if you're listening (and I know you are) - give me one like him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home