echeblog

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

An Open Mind...

One of the things I've learned is that life doesn't always go in the directions you'd expect. As a result, I've really tried to keep an open mind and take a look at things that I may not have considered a few years ago. That being said, this new mindset is a work in process. Today has been a reminder of that and an exercise in putting that into practice.

I got a call this morning from a legal recruiter who's been looking for some full time gigs for me. Aside from giving me some very helpful tweaks to my resume, he asked if I was interested in talking with one of the big firms here in town. A few years ago, I would have said, "Hell no!" And to be honest, once he mentioned it, my stomach did a few backflips. Nonetheless, I told him to go ahead and talk to them and see what happens. After a year of having very little movement in the career area, I've really tried to view any sort of movement or progress as positive, regardless of the apparent direction. Ultimately, I don't really know where this is going to wind up, whether I get the job or not. What I do know is that I'm really trying to allow the process to work and trust that things will end up working out for the best and I'll wind up going where I need to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home