echeblog

Monday, December 12, 2005

Piece of Paper

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know that I have no particular love for the Bush Administration. At the same time, however, I have little faith in the Democrats, either. Very little surprises me about the crap that goes on in politics...

Of course, there are exceptions. Friday, Capital Hill Blue reported that during a meeting with Republican Congressional leaders regarding renewal of the Patriot Act, President Bush screamed, "Stop throwing the Constitution in my face. It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!" when told that it was arguable that provisions of the Act undermine the Constitution. Bush reportedly told them, "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

Now, honestly, I find this so incredibly offensive that I'd like to believe that it wasn't true, despite my dislike for Bush... I'd like to believe that anyone we elect President would have a deep respect for the Constitution. Of course, when I look at the way the Administration has functioned, I realize that it just isn't true... and that is incredibly disturbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home