echeblog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

At Least He Still Has Football!

US Olympian and Poster-Boy Jeremy Bloom went 0-for the Olympic Games in Torino. For those of you who haven't been keeping track, Bloom also played football for the University of Colorado, before the NCAA declared him ineligible for accepting skiing-related endorsement deals. Bloom placed sixth on today's moguls course. Now that his Olympic skiing career is over, Bloom has his sights set on the NFL, heading to next weeks NFL scouting combines in Indianapolis.

I have to admit that I wouldn't have paid any attention to this year's Winter Olympics at all if it weren't for Bloom... there's no bizarre drama ala Nancy Kerrigan & Tanya Harding to hold my attention... at least the Summer Olympics have hunky Russian Gymnasts like Alexei Nemov and wrestling is always interesting.

I guess I'm just not in the Olympic spirit. Does that make me a bad person?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home