echeblog

Friday, February 03, 2006

The First Rule of Death Cheese Club...

Okay, I'm not one of those people who got into the whole Fight Club thing. Yes, I'll admit that Brad Pitt looks pretty hot, but I didn't make it through the whole movie -- I thought it was boring as shit and turned it off about 45 minute into things. Strangely, however, I've never liked Ed Norton and I wouldn't have minded seeing him beaten to a bloody pulp, but apparently it was not enough to get me to sit through the movie.

Anyway, I digress. My point is that I've never quite understood the phenomenon. I figured it was one of those bizarre HETrosexual rituals I would forever be excluded from. Once again, the Universe proves me right: In New York City, a school bus driver had his own mini Fight Club of sorts... involving middle school students. The driver had dubbed his school bus the "Death Cheese Club" and encouraged the students to brawl on the bus and had a pecking order of who would beat on whom.

I have to say that having a Fight Club of middle school students has got to be the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. The beauty of it is that it gets even more pathetic: The driver is a big Star Wars fan and had dubbed himself "The Emperor" and had the kids fight with scissors instead of light sabers. I had never realized that geekiness could pose a physical threat, but apparently you can be such a dork that you endanger others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home