echeblog

Monday, March 20, 2006

Come On and Ride

I had an odd dream last night that stuck in my head, so I decided to go ahead and record it, in the spirit of Adam. I had entered a bike race in downtown Tempe. Apparently, I had been participating in it in previous years. As I was making my way through the course, I discovered that the route of the course had changed from years past, leaving many unexpected turns and paths. At one point, I encountered one of these course changes and went the wrong way, taking me off course. As soon as I realized it, I turned to make my way back, which ended up taking me by several race officials. As I passed by, one of the called out that I had been disqualified. I asked the woman who had made the ruling to please explain what had happened. She became quite defensive and remarked that her decision was final and that I shouldn't try to get her to change her mind. I explained that I wasn't trying to change her decision, rather, I simply wanted an explanation of what had happened. One of the other officials overheard what was going on and agreed that I deserved an explanation. Finally, they told me that I had been disqualified for leaving the designated course. While I couldn't argue with that, I was rather upset because they had changed the course at the last minute without informing any of us and without any way to anticipate the changes. I then made my way back to my friends who were all downtown and bitched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home