echeblog

Friday, June 16, 2006

Jail Bait

A few years ago I ended up watching the movie Camp, and I was somewhat alarmed because I took quite a shine to Daniel Letterle, who played Vlad in the movie. I'm not really the type to moon over the real young ones, so this was quite out of character for me. Flash forward to now -- Now Letterle is in The Mostly Unfabulous Social Life Of Ethan Green, a new gay romantic comedy making the film festival circuit. I haven't had the chance to see it yet but the cast includes Meredith Baxter (from Family Ties), which is a big plus. I have friends who are rather dubious about the whole gay cinema phenomenon -- I can't deny that some of it is awful; miniscule budgets will do that, after all. Still, I think its great that I can reinforce my unrealistic relationship expectations with a gay romantic comedy. Even if movies like this aren't exactly prizewinning material, its nice to be able to spend some time where our lives are center stage instead of being marginalized by another right-wing "pro-family" group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home