echeblog

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Michael Tolliver Lives!

AfterElton is reporting that Armistead Maupin is currently working on another novel in the Tales of the City line, focusing on the life of Michael "Mouse" Tolliver. This is wonderful news. I've loved Tales of the City ever since a friend of mine introduced me to it while I was coming out. At first I associated with Mary Ann and her feelings of being a newcomer trying to find her place in the otherworld that is San Francisco. Too bad she ends up as such a bitch at the end of the series. Over time, however, my affinity shifted to the oft-heartbroken Mouse, constantly searching for love and never seeming able to hold onto it when he's found out. Unlike Mouse, however, I've never had a dreamy lover like Dr. Jon Fielding, nor have I slept with Rock Hudson or a hunky cop. I have, however, frequently wondered whether love might ever find its way to my doorstep, which I'd like to think fits Mouse very well. On a side note, Marcus D'Amico (pictured), who originally played Mouse in the PBS series, was MUCH hunkier than Paul Hopkins, who played in the subsequent series. In any event, I'm thrilled to find out just what happened to my beloved Mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home