echeblog

Monday, November 05, 2007

Doubletalk

I know there are many out there who are on the Hillary Clinton bandwagon. Yes she has the Clinton name and the big lead in the polls and if she wins the Democratic nomination, I guess I'd vote for her. That said, I can't stand her. She's got all of the political calculation of her husband without the charm and charisma to pull it off. John Edwards has a great video on YouTube that really demonstrates one of my biggest complaints about Hillary.

I understand the political strategy -- she's trying to keep from being pinned down by her opponents, whether its the other Democratic contenders or whoever she'll face in the General election. Personally, I believe that's precisely what this country doesn't need. Winning at all costs isn't the answer -- isn't that the biggest problem we're facing in Iraq, in our relationship with other countries, with our problems at home? I'm tired of so-called leaders who are content to tell us what we want to hear or manipulate us into believing what they want us to believe. Stand for something, explain yourself... maybe I'll agree, maybe not, but at the end of the day, I can respect you and sometimes that's more important than agreeing with you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home