echeblog

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

On Gathering Moss...

I've been spending a lot of time looking back at what I've done to get myself into this stuck place and what I can do to make sure what I can do to not get there again any time soon.

I don't know about the rest of you but every now and again something will come out of my mouth about what I'd like to see happen in my life - a lot of times I'm not even really thinking about it, and then a while later whatever it is I had asked for comes to pass... sometimes I'll be thrilled and most of the time I'll think, fuck, why did that happen... then I'll realize that I had asked for it.

In this case, since I graduated last December and sold my condo, I told myself that a myriad of things would change once I found a job and moved into a new place. Since the whole job thing hasn't quite come together yet, it's left big chunks of my life in limbo. I realize now that in large measure, I had gotten stuck because that's exactly what I had asked for -- things to stay bogged down until the job finally materialized. Well, lesson learned - keeping your life on hold while you wait for things to come together really sucks.

Now its time for me to go back to commenting on pictures of hot sweaty men -- this whole exercise has made me WAY too serious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home