echeblog

Saturday, May 07, 2005

A Very Tiki Evening...

Like Adam, I was going to wait to blog until I got back, but since he's already described his view of last night's events, I figured I needed to offer my side of things. Let me preface this by saying that this has been a very good trip so far - Adam and I get along very well and its been great to see Jonny again.

After sushi and drinks for dinner, we headed to the Tiki Oasis party. Upon entry, it was obvious that it wasn't my usual fare of super gay events. The crowd was... eclectic, to be sure. Friday night was "pirate night" so there were a lot of people around going "Arrrrrrrrrrrg!" and several who actually dressed up. Most notably, there was a hot guy in pleather pants that knew how to shake his ass. Unfortunately, he was the only hot guy and I'm pretty sure he was straight, much to my dismay.

Anyway, back to the party. I can honestly say, it was like nothing else I have ever experienced. With the tiki theme and unique music, it was like being trapped in an episode of SpongeBob. Needless to say, I required large amounts of alcohol in order to deal with such an environment. I was ready to leave pretty early in the evening, but Adam and Jon were having a good time, so I decided to suck it up and try to make the best of it. Yes, another beer was in order.

Unfortunately, the large quantities of alcohol caught up with me. Not on the order of vomiting in the bathtub ala Adam at his housewarming party, but it did put me in a VERY sour mood. After spending a good period of time on a lounge chair being drunk, I finally decided that I needed to get out immediately. After bidding Adam a farewell, I figured I would catch a cab back to the hotel.

I wasn't able to get a cab so I ended up hoofing it back. As I neared the hotel, I passed a large, buffed out guy... using the universal cruising code, I kept walking, counted to three and looked back... He looked back at me... one thing lead to another and I invited him back to the hotel. Long story short, he was visiting from Italy, having been in San Diego and making his way back to Las Vegas. After the bizarro evening I had been having, it was a gift from the Universe I could not pass up.

On the way up to the room, I passed Adam -- I didn't think he was going to be home so soon. Fortunately, he got the picture and gave us some time to... uh... enjoy each others' company. Apparently, Adam then had an interesting encounter of his own.

Needless to say, this was not really on my agenda when I came out of here and not usually my style, but sometimes the fish just jumps into the boat. What are you gonna do, throw it back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home