echeblog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Would You?

Yesterday I read one of Ethan's recent entries on dating that I really enjoyed and found quite insightful. Between that and comments from a couple of friends who read the blog have raised a question: I've been rather tight-lipped when it comes to my love life. One of the big reasons is because for most of the time, I really haven't had much to tell. In the past few months, however, I have met someone that I've really connected with and we've been spending time together and getting to know each other. That said, while I really like him, I don't think either of us is treating this as if we're dating at this point. We're just getting to know each other and as Ethan rightfully observed, who knows how long that will take, right? There's certainly no guarantee that we'll become more than friends.

So the question is: If it was you, would you be making more of a deal about it?

From my perspective, on one hand, I've rushed into relationships before and been burned badly for it. So, my focus has been on trying to be patient and just letting things develop at their own pace. On the other hand, if I can't be honest about where I am in my life on my own blog, then I need to reevaluate what my blogging is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home