echeblog

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Nostalgia

Mike & JeffI went back through a box of pictures I had stashed away from a few years ago. It was like an LSD flashback, only without the LSD. These were the formative years of my coming out, getting into the scene, meeting people and making my friends. Looking back at those memories it reminded me of several things: 1) We used to take a lot of stupid shots to use up a roll of film. 2) I used to know a lot of hot guys! 3) I have never been, nor am I likely to ever be a big, hunky guy. I have, however, been skinny enough to where it looks NASTY, at least to me.

pool partyBeyond those obvious lessons, I can't help but notice just how different my life is these days. People who were such a big part of my life back then are now off in countless different directions. Of course, the one constant of life is change, of course. On one hand, there were plenty of difficulties mixed in with those good memories and I wouldn't go back. At the same time, there are so many people I wish I could see again and spend some time with, if only for a short while. You never know how much time you have with the people in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home