echeblog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hayworthless


Today's been a slow day at work, so I've been surfing around a bit. I stumbled upon Radar Online's feature on the Ten Dumbest Congressmen. It came as no surprise when I read that my Rep, J.D. Hayworth came in at No. 4. A snippet from Radar's writeup on Hayworth:

Hayworth's dimness is so legendary on the Hill that one Arizona colleague told a reporter that he's a textbook example of the power of gerrymandering because of his continued ability to get re-elected despite saying "any foolish thing." Recently he put that thesis to the test, openly approving the nativist writings of the anti-Semitic auto baron Henry Ford and repeatedly mis-stating a reporter's first and last name during an interview. Of course, Hayworth is a strong supporter of "English only" bills, proving yet again the adage that those who can't do, legislate.

While it came as no shock that Hayworth was listed, I was left wondering how there could be three people who are actually dumber that Hayworth. As I read further, I saw that Katherine Harris of Florida came in first. Ok, I can't really argue with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home