echeblog

Monday, October 23, 2006

MovieLawn October!

I wanted to thank everyone for your support on the Stinky affair. He has improved a bit and I'm hoping that he will continue to improve. Lest you think my entire weekend was all about worrying about my cat (though I did do a fair amount), I did manage to have some fun.

Friday night was the first MovieLawn of the season. In attendance were Adam, our host, Kacy and Greg, Dyanna and her new beau, John, and Dyanna's friend from work. From your nominations, we ended up watching Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. We learned that Adam's Oklahoma upbringing did not permit him to learn the joys of Elvira prior to now. After we grilled some various forms of meat, along with heating up some really good pita bread and eating it with some garlic hummus, we sat down to watch an incredibly bad movie.

Another startling realization during this movie is that if, for some twisted reason I could never imagine, they decided to make another Elvira movie, they could always cast Kirsten Dunst in the role, as she is a spitting image of Elvira, even down to the lips and weird squirrel teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home