echeblog

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Who Would Jesus Execute?

I can't help it, I got a kick out of this article on MSNBC tonight -- this month Texas should execute its 400th prisoner since the Supreme Court lifted a ban on capital punishment in 1982. W and Alberto would be proud, I'm sure. The best part of the article is how the state's evangelical population encourages it:

“A lot of evangelical Protestants not only believe that capital punishment is permissible but that it is demanded by God. And they see sanction for that in the Old Testament especially,” said Matthew Wilson, a political scientist at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.

Ah yes, somewhere Jesus is looking down on Texas and smiling. I can just hear him now: "Kill the bastards! All of them! Crucify them!"

Yeah, that sounds like something Jesus would say. I wonder how that would sound in Aramaic. Mel Gibson probably knows.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home