echeblog

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Frustration

Frustration

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug,
Or that's what I've been told,
But this feeling like someone's just pulled out the rug
Sure is getting old.
I'm not the type to to whine and pout if I don't always get my way,
I thought I'd moved past that.
But I just can't shake this feeling of being beaten down today,
Lying cold on the mat.

"It's not right, but it's ok," just like Whitney Houston says,
(Though I'll skip the lines of coke...)
Gotta get back up to face each of these new days,
I won't stay down and be a joke.
One foot in front of the other, I'm not sure what else to do,
just another hill to climb.
And even if it takes a while, I know we'll make it through--
It can't rain all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home