echeblog

Friday, May 13, 2005

Mount Everest

I'm not really into swiping too many ideas from other bloggers - I figure that if you really want to read their stuff, you're better off reading them rather than me trying to imitate them. That being said, I have a story that I just couldn't resist.

I'm not the type that has any particular aversion to bugs of any sort. I'm not particularly fond of them, but they don't freak me out. Nonetheless I think Adam would be able to appreciate this experience.

I have one of those rechargable electric toothbrushes - it sits on a charger on the bathroom counter. I went into the bathroom yesterday evening, flipped on the lights, only to notice that a giant, fat roach had apparently scaled my toothbrush and was perched atop it as if it were Mount Everest. I distinctly remember seeing that it had planted a little roach flag on top and was yodeling, "RICOLA!". Needless to say, I was rather pertubed, seeing as I usually use that toothbrush to clean my teeth, rather than to infest them with disgusting roach germs. At the same time, now that I think about it, I'm glad I came across the thing so at least I know. Anyway, once I discovered our intrepid explorer, I was able to grab some toilet paper, capture it and made it walk the plank. As it swirled around and around, slowly awaiting its final journey to visit Davey Jones's locker, I think I heard it exclaim that it had no regrets, since it finally was able to scale Everest.


An aside -- I was able to disinfect the base and replace the brush, FYI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home