echeblog

Sunday, May 22, 2005

On Love...

Ok, I guess that since I brought it up, I better say something.

Before I came out, I figured love would be pretty straightforward -- you meet someone nice, you like him, he likes you, you get together, fall in love and there you go. Of course, life is rarely that simple.

I had met a couple of guys that I had liked and gone through the whole infatuation thing. You meet someone new, you like each other, you figure that maybe this is the one you've been waiting for and eventually you find out that they're actually another person as opposed to the model of perfection you had drawn up in your head. I've known people who have had lasting (if not necessarily satisfying) relationships develop from that. In my case, it just ended up with me getting my ass kicked.

Now I could sit here and bitch and moan about the guys and say that they were horrible and I was really unlucky and woe is me for having people that didn't treat me the way I deserved to be treated. I'm sure I did some of that, but most of the time I like to think that things happen for a reason.

And so, after getting knocked around a good bit at the front end of my dating career, I decided to put the kaibosh on dating and wait to find someone that really tripped my trigger. Well, you know what they say -- be careful what you ask for...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home