echeblog

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Best of Humanity...

In the midst of all the destruction and suffering that's going on right now with everything that's going on with Katrina, its easy to get lost in the enormity of it all. With stories flooding the media of despair and darkness, sometimes I wonder how something like this could possibly make sense - and then, amid the pain of so many, things seemingly get even worse. And while it pains me to see some react to this crisis in greed, anger or judgment, I think that for the most of us, we have an opportunity... an opportunity to reach deep into our hearts and find the very best of what makes us who human - compassion, love, charity, kindness, gratitude and hope.

While my heart is breaking with the memory of those who have lost their lives in this tragedy and the pain of those left behind, I cannot help but understand that they have given us a tremendous gift - the chance to remember who we truly are and who we can be. I can only hope that in this moment and the long, slow healing to come that our thoughts, prayers, donations, and our overall compassion towards one another can serve as adequate tribute for all those who have given us so a precious gift.

"May angels lead you in,
Hear you me, my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go,
May angels lead you in..."

Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home