echeblog

Thursday, August 11, 2005

More Work Banter...

As if I needed any reminders of the things in my youth that nurtured my budding gayness, another coworker and I were discussing the He-Man phenomenon growing up. While I am several years older than she is, I readily admit that I was a big He-Man fan. I didn't have any of the toys, but I was more than than willing to watch a show about big, butch leather queens running around in little more than a harness and a loincloth. It was basically the cartoon version of the International Mr. Leather (IML) contest.

If that wasn't enough, we were also graced with the live action Masters of the Universe with Dolph Lundgren as He-Man. That came out around 1987, which would have put me in Junior High at the time. Yes, I saw the movie, which coincidentally, starred Courtney Cox... (who knew?) Let me tell you that Dolph starred in a great number of my junior high fantasies after that. Come to think of it, I think he's been in a few of my recent ones, too... Heh! Maybe that explains my penchant for hot, muscular blonds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home