echeblog

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Weekend Update

As you guys probably surmised from my last couple of posts, I am feeling much better. Here's the scoop - Friday evening I went over to Adam's for MovieLawn. Essentially, Adam invited a bunch of us over to grill dinner and watch Barbarella outside with the projector that he just bought. None rest of the crowd had seen Barbarella before, so they didn't have any idea what they were in for. Its hard to believe that this movie was actually made - it is so corny that I can hardly believe it. In the grand scheme of things, put it together with a couple of beers, MovieLawn left me in a very light, playful mood.

I made a conscious effort to try to carry that mood to the music Friday night. I think that's exactly what I needed. I guess part of the lesson I've needed to learn is to lighten up and try to be playful and have fun with things even though I'm still working hard. Long story short, both nights went well. The club was busy, seemed to like the music I played, and the owner was happy. I think I found a decent balance between my tastes and what the crowd wanted to hear.

In the end, it was a rough week, but an important one. Sometimes life works that way -- we need those rough spots from time to time in order to learn and grow. Nobody said growth would be easy, but its worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home