echeblog

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Ideals

Thanks for those of you who left comments on my previous entry regarding my situation at the Club. To make a long story short, I decided that it was time for me to make a change -- I think both I and the club needed it -- after talking with the owner, he was surprisingly understanding and we remain on good terms. I'll talk about this more later, if anyone is interested, but I'm hoping that this was the step I needed to open up to new opportunities.

In fact, that's been a major theme of my life these days -- trying to be open to new opportunities and taking a step toward bringing the things I'm trying to create into my life. Of course, a big chunk of that is being clear about what you want. Then you have a much better idea whether something in your life, or a new opportunity, brings you closer to, or away from, where you want to go. In the DJing context, staying at my current place was going to take me away from where I wanted to go.

That brings me to my next point of focus -- if you've been following along here, or elsewhere, my love life is pretty much non-existent. A lot of that has really been about finally putting the other pieces of my life together, and I'd like to think maybe I'm the verge of that happening. That said, as I mentioned before, you gotta know what you're looking for, right? Well, I have the tendency to aim high.

So here are my two archtypical candidates -- John Crichton (from Farscape) and Lt. Karl Agathon (Helo) (from BSG). Both strong, brave, unflinchingly loyal and dedicated, along with a surprising level of emotional availablity and openness... not to mention both are WAY hunky. Of course, we ARE talking about fictional characters, but hey, it never hurts to discuss. Now, given that you could only take one or the other -- I'm a one man kinda guy -- who would you choose, and why? Take a minute to vote or leave a comment. I'll discuss my thoughts on the subject later.


Create polls and vote for free. dPolls.com

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home