echeblog

Saturday, November 06, 2004

Bottom Of The Barrel...

Ok, let me say that the Blockbuster Movie Pass is a great thing -- you can rent all the movies you want without having to worry avout late fees for $20 a month. All in all, a very good deal. Of course, it means that I've watched many more movies than I would have if I had to pay $4 a movie. That being said, the reality is that there are only so many watchable new movies at any one time. I don't consider a movie such as Boa vs. Python 2 as an option, even if it is in the New Releases section. So, since my social life has ebbed to a low point recently, it means I've pretty much exhausted all the new releases that I would be willing to watch. That means I've had to reach back into some of the older titles. Of course, I've watched most of the older movies that I've wanted to see as well, so basically, I've reached the bottom of the barrel. And so, I ended up renting Poison Ivy - The New Seduction, only because I knew that Greg Vaughan was in it. I found it remarkable that this was actually the third installment in the Poison Ivy series. Who would have thought that Poison Ivy warrented a trilogy? In any event, the upside was that I got to see a very young-looking Greg Vaughan (a few years younger than his Charmed appearances) in various states of undress. Let me tell you, I thought that Greg looked amazing in Charmed, but he looks even better without all those clothes. This didn't come without some cost, however. I did have to endure seeing Jamie Presley's breasts on several occasions. Now, its not my first choice of naked flesh, but realistically, in the cosmic scheme of things, it wasn't all that bad. I have no problem acknowledging female beauty... it was a hell of a lot nicer than being scarred by that old woman's coochie in Swimming Pool. I still have nightmares about that one. All in all, I can say that I'll never watch this movie again, but memories of a nekkid Greg Vaughan will be floating around in my head for years to come.