echeblog

Monday, January 31, 2005

Hand me a cold one...

I think just about everyone knows how important beer is. From beer goggles to the proverbial six-beer-queer (it's been scientifically proven!), beer has helped make this a better world for quite a long time. To think, some people might never have sex if it weren't for beer. I have to admit, though, I hadn't really understood just how important beer really can be. In fact, as a recent story out of Slovakia just goes to show that beer could just save your life...

Apparently, some parts of Europe have been hit with the heaviest snowfall since 1941. Richard Kral was driving through the Slovak Tatra mountains when his car was buried in an avalanche.

At first he tried to dig his way out, but he realized that the snow would fill his car he managed to make his way out. Fortunately, Kral had a stroke of luck - he had brought 60 bottles of beer with him for his holiday trip. He realized he could urinate on the snow to melt it.

"I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there," Kral explained.

Rescue teams found Kral, drunk and wandering down a mountain pass, four days after his car had been caught in the avalance.

Thanks to Ananova for the story.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home