echeblog

Thursday, February 10, 2005

First Daughter

As I've mentioned before, I love the Blockbuster Movie Pass. At the same time, you definitely hit a point where you run out of movies you really want to see and have to settle for movies you can live with. Right now I'm trying to find anything I can live with. So, I dug deep into the New Release section and came up with First Daughter.

Now let me say first off that I love Katie Holmes. I've loved her ever since the first episode of Dawson's Creek. She was the only thing that made the show remotely watchable... that and Dawson's uber-hunky father. I'm sure that if I were straight I would want to date/marry her. And watching First Daughter, I was amazed because in a couple of movies she reminds me a lot of Audrey Hepburn at times... in addition to her beauty, she has a certain elegance about her that Audrey exuded.

The other half of the movie is Marc Blucas, who played Riley in Buffy The Vampire Slayer. From watching him in Buffy, he is very attractive and charming, seems intelligent, but the character never had a lot of depth. Oddly enough, his character is strikingly similar here and it's left me wondering whether that's more about Blucas than the character itself. Maybe he just needs some meatier parts, I don't know. What I DO know is that the man looks incredible in a tux, my parents would probably love him if I brought him home and I'm pretty sure he'd be pretty good in bed, too. Still, I can't shake the feeling that you'd date for a year or two and then you'd have to dump him because you've outgrown him. Again, maybe he just needs meatier parts.

As for the movie itself - it's basically the Chelsea Clinton story (without the bad hair)... first daughter goes to college after growing up in the public eye. I ran into Chelsea and her Secret Service entourage on campus at Stanford a few times. Let me tell you, there were no agents anywhere near as hot as Marc Blucas. I wish there had been.

All in all, not a bad little movie, with plenty of eye candy to keep it watchable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home