echeblog

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye

I ignored the reviews that panned it and suggested that Michael Bay had ruined any possible merit the movie possibly could have had. I stood in the concessions line with a talkative, soon-to-be 6th grader who remarked that I was pretty cool. By the time I made it back to my seat (next to Alex), the theater had run twice the amount of previews, so I was fortunate not to have missed a thing.

As the opening credits rolled, it was abundantly clear that the child I once was still hangs around this head of mine. I haven't been this giddy over something not involving a possible romantic interest in a long, long time (although Josh Duhamel was SO hot). Now I remember watching Fellowship of the Ring for the first time in a state of wonder -- it was another world, one I had read about back in high school. This was something even more basic -- a piece of of childhood come to life. I wasn't the only one, as the guy sitting next to me -- a 30-something father -- remarked with glee that they used the original voice of Optimus Prime.

What can I say? I loved every minute of this movie. I want to see it again. I want a sequel. I'm feeling this urge to go out to Toys R Us and buy the toys. And somewhere, the kid in me is opening presents on Christmas Eve to find exactly what he was hoping for... and he is happy... very, very happy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home