echeblog

Monday, February 25, 2008

Equivocation

I'm not really one who keeps on the cutting edge of gadgetry -- I usually leave that up to our beloved Bravehound. But lately I'd been jonesing about upgrading from the iPod mini I have... I definitely dig the iPod Touch and the iPhone. At the same time, my cell phone is getting a little beat up and its time for a new one.

I thought about the iPhone, I dig the design and functionality. The downside? I have T-Mobile and I have no desire to jump to AT&T. Hack it, you say? Ehh, I don't have the energy to get into the cat and mouse game that is required to stay ahead of Apple. Too much work. The other consideration is the lesson I got from buying the RAZR -- I hate being part of a trend. Sorry, iPhone, you're just too trendy.

So, I took a look at the Nokia N95 and really got turned on by it -- all the functionality I want, works on T-Mobile and has a 5 megapixel camera (with flash) to boot. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven, right? Nah, here's where the equivocation comes in. cue inner voice. "But its too expensive..." I wouldn't have a problem laying down $350 for an iPod touch and then a good $100-$150 for a decent phone. So what's my damage with paying the same amount for a cool gadget that does it all? Yeah, I asked myself the same thing. There's a week of my life I'll never get back.

The short of it is that the decision has been made, I should be getting it later this week. Like I said, I know its more Bravehound than echeblog, but I should have an unboxing video later this week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home