echeblog

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Tar on my Heel

Well, it came out of the (Carolina) blue and left just as quickly. I just got an e-mail from the ACLU of North Carolina. They did not bring me back for a live interview. I guess I should be disappointed, but to be honest, I'm really relieved that it's over. I really wasn't expecting to get the interview with th ACLU of North Carolina and in the interview I really felt overmatched by the position -- being the only attorney in the office, not knowing anyone in the area... I like the idea of doing some civil rights work, but the reality of that particular job is doing a lot of paperwork telling people we can't help them, finding attorneys I know nothing about to do the work we actually do accept and top it off, living in North freakin' Carolina, all while being extraordinarily underpaid. I really went into things trying to keep an open mind and with a willingness to take the job, but thankfully that was resolved for me. I wish those people out there the best of luck, though, because it is not an easy job, doing that kind of work in the South. Hopefully I will find a job that's a little more my speed... maybe the job with GoDaddy? Maybe the ACLU of Southern California will finally call. Who knows? In any event, it's time for me to get this tar off my heel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home