echeblog

Friday, March 24, 2006

Positive Steps

Thursday filling in at my friend's company was uneventful, for the most part, as you can probably surmise from the multiple entries. While I'll be glad when this is over, filling in this week has been a very good thing -- while I've enjoyed the time off, its felt good getting moving again and getting things flowing. In that vein, I've tried to focus on small things I can do to improve things.

Yesterday, a couple of things came up that I was rather pleased with: A recruiter in town had spotted my updated resume online and called me to set up an interview. I've worked with other recruiters before, though they had all been strictly law-related. This one appeared to be more business oriented. My initial reaction was to tell them that they weren't really the direction I wanted to go. Fortunately, I stopped myself -- I've really been working on trying to be open to new directions and new opportunities, realizing that there are a lot of possibilities out there that would be great for me that are outside of my preconceived notions. So, I decided to set up an appointment to hear them out. Even though I don't know if this will amount to anything, this is a step in the right direction -- being willing to open myself to the unknown possibilities.

Second, while I mentioned my interest in a particular guy who I'm enjoying getting to know, I've been wary of focusing too much on him -- that just increases the chances of me trying to push things and screwing them up and drives me crazy in the process. So, I've been recognizing a few other people in my life whom I've known for a while but haven't had the chance to spend much time. I've made plans with a couple of people for this weekend and next. This is exactly what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home