echeblog

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Out of the Blue...

Today was a very interesting day on the job front. I got a call from someone I worked with at my old law firm who had been in the legal recruiting field, left it, and just came back to it recently. I had worked with her in getting some contract work here in town and she tracked me down today looking to see if I was still interested. Great timing, as my funds are running quite low. That would have been quite a positive turn for most days.

But wait! There's more... Late this afternoon I got a call from this recruiter in LA. Apparently he had gotten my resume off the Internet (don't know if it was through Monster, HotJobs or the resume blaster service I used...). To make a long story short, he represents a big Entertainment firm who is looking for an attorney to work in their music division, specifically working a lot with licensing and helping them humming on the online music distribution. The catch? I'd have to relocate to LA. To be honest, it's not really an area I had been giving any thought to lately, but I do have a background in IP and Licensing and had even been President of the Stanford Entertainment & Sports Law Association... So, I told the recruiter that I would definitely be interested... I sent him an updated resume a little later, and we'll see what happens. There's absolutely nothing official yet - the client hasn't seen my resume yet... But I really have to admit that I'm much more excited to see where this goes than I was with the ACLU of North Carolina. Still, I'm going to take the same approach - I'm going to give it my best shot and let things go where they're going to go. I'll keep you all updated as things progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home