echeblog

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Jesus Hates Soy

For those of you haven't already gotten your reindeer dog, here's an article that may convince you to do your God given duty to consume animal flesh...

"There's a slow poison out there that's severely damaging our children and threatening to tear apart our culture... The dangerous food I'm speaking of is soy. Soybean products are feminizing, and they're all over the place...Soy is feminizing, and commonly leads to a decrease in the size of the penis, sexual confusion and homosexuality. That's why most of the medical (not socio-spiritual) blame for today's rise in homosexuality must fall upon the rise in soy formula and other soy products..."

Ok, as much as I wish I could say that this guy was joking or that I'm taking these quotes out of context, the scary thing is that he's serious. I am constantly in awe of how Christianists (thanks Andrew Sullivan for coining that term) can find a bogeyman in the most mundane of things. A "devil food"? Are you kidding me? Soy is "threatening to tear apart our culture"? Hey, don't blame me, I ate tofu for lunch... The moral and social decline of our world is coming about because of an uptick in edimame sales? Un-frakking-beliveable.

From BoiFromTroy.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home